Crock Pot Braised Short Ribs (Gluten-Free)

Whenever dining out, if I see Short Ribs on the menu, I'm about 99.5% sure to order them! One of my all-time favorite delicious dishes, hands down.

When I came across this recipe for short ribs, done in a caterer's favorite kitchen tool ever...the no-fuss-required crock pot...I knew this recipe was not only a gift to my clients and husband, but also to myself! And boy, are we all thankful!

One client said, "You really outdid yourself this time, Lindsey!" Little did he know how easy it was to prepare! I said, thank you and told him about all the trouble I went to. ;)

A huge thanks to Cooking with My Kid for this fantastic recipe! You just might receive a note in the mail! :)




Crock Pot Braised Short Ribs
Adapted for www.CaringforGodsGifts.com
Serves 4

Ingredients:
3/4 cup organic low-sodium soy sauce
4 tablespoons packed organic brown sugar
4 tablespoons rice vinegar
4 cloves crushed garlic
1/4 cup no-sugar added orange juice
zest of 1 small orange
4 - 4 1/2 pounds beef short ribs
8 medium carrots, peeled and cut into thirds on the diagonal
1 large green cabbage, cut into 6 wedges
3 tablespoons arrowroot

Preparation:
In a medium bowl, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, garlic, orange juice, and orange zest. Line the bottom of the crock pot with carrots. Place the short ribs atop the carrots and lay the cabbage on top. Pour the soy mixture over the top and cover.

Cook, covered, on high for 5 to 6 hours (or on low for 7 to 8 hours), until the meat is tender and easily pulls away from the bone. Transfer the cabbage, short ribs and carrots to a large serving dish. Skim the fat from the cooking liquid and discard.

In a small bowl, whisk together the arrowroot with 2 tablespoons of water until smooth. With the slow cooker on high, whisk in the arrowroot into the cooking liquid and cook until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Spoon the sauce over the short ribs and vegetables.

Bon Appetit!
Lindsey